Greetings families and friends of First,
Under the guidance of the CDC, the President of the United States, the Ohio Department of Health, our Governor, and the Northwestern Ohio Synod Office, the Congregational Council has decided that all group gatherings located within the building are postponed for the next eight weeks. These gatherings include but are not limited to:
- Sunday morning and Wednesday evening worship.
- Leadership Meetings.
- Confirmation, High School, Children’s Church, First Communion, and other youth classes.
- Adult Bible Study.
- Youth Group Activities.
There is no doubt that these are challenging times, and that these decisions directly impact our ability to gather together as a community of faith, especially as we move closer to celebrating Easter. While we may not be able to physically gather together, I give thanks that there are alternative means that enable us to continue to offer our thanks and praise to God in the midst of these uncertain times.
- Our Sunday morning radio broadcast will continue on WTTF, 93.3 FM.
- We hope to live stream our Sunday morning service on Facebook Live. If you aren’t following us on Facebook, now is the time to do so. Follow us here!
- The Bulletin, complete with hymns and readings, will be available for download as a PDF file on our website. I also hope to include them as part of my weekly email message. If you haven’t visited our website recently, you can also listen to portions of the previous week’s service and find a summary of my sermon on my blog. It’s another great resource for you to use.
If you know of anyone who does not have email, please spread the word. Please share this message and these resources with them. It’s more important now than ever that we stay connected, for this is still a great time for us to be the church. That being said, if you know of someone, or if you and your family, are in need of prayer or assistance, please contact the church office (419-447-1323) or me personally (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will do our best to extend God’s gifts of love and grace as we journey through this together.
God’s Blessings, stay safe, healthy, and well!
Let us pray . . .God of the resurrection and new life, we entrust to your care the needs of the world as fear, anxiety, and worry consume the lives of many in the midst of the spread of Covid-19. Be present with all those who have contracted this virus. Be with families who grieve the loss of loved ones, have suffered loss of work, or are surrounded by doubt and fear. Be with medical personal who work to provide care and comfort, and technicians and labs who work to provide a cure. Heal us! Comfort us! Bring us the hope and joy that only you can bring! Amen.